Gerdrup can trace its history as an outpost back a long way. In 1170 a Tue Karlsen is mentioned as owner of the farm. The farm has led a changeable life with different owners and with complicated inheritance relationships as a result. Gerdrup was originally surrounded by a moat, the reminiscences of which can still be seen in a small pond in the garden.
The buildings were probably badly damaged after the Swedish invasion in 1658. In 1664 Joachim Frederik Vind therefore had a new main building constructed, a three-winged half-timbered structure on one floor.
In 1760 Morten Iversen Qvistgaard bought Gerdrup and the nearby estate Lyngbygaard, which had been created from the lands belonging to the village of Lynge, which had burnt down in 1658.
Morten Qvistgaard’s youngest son, Peter Christoffer Qvistgaard, took over the estates in 1799 after his father’s death. Only eight years later, however, he fell in the Battle of Herfølge in 1807 against the British, and his widow, Anna Henriette Elisabeth Qvistgaard, continued to run the estates. In the garden at Gerdrup, a memorial has been erected in honour of Peter Christoffer Qvistgaard, who was a captain in the Land Defence.
In 1820, Anna Henriette Elisabeth Qvistgaard was responsible for the construction of the oldest of the present buildings, the broom house with the gate and the barn. After her death the estates were divided between the sons and Gerdrup and Lyngbygaard thus went to each branch of the family.
Victor Qvistgaard was responsible for the construction of Gerdrup’s present main building in 1864-66. Victor Qvistgaard sought proposals for the new main building from both R. Unmach and Gustav Friedrich Hetsch, but it ended up with R. Unmach’s proposal. The relatively small main building is set gracefully back from the farm on top of a small ridge. The inspiration of the Italian villa is evident in the architecture of the main building.
In 1919, Gerdrup and Lyngbygaard were again brought together under one owner when Holger Fabricius, son of Tofa Alvilda Qvistgaard and Peter Frederik Fabricius, bought Gerdrup from the other branch of the family.
Gerdrup’s current owner is a family-owned company founded by Peter Fabricius, son of Holger and Kirstine Fabricius as part of a generational change at Gerdrup-Lyngbygaard Estates with Peter and Mary Fabricius’ five daughters and twelve grandchildren as shareholders. The youngest generation among the current shareholders are thus Morten Iversen Qvistgaard’s four times great-grandchildren.
The main building is used by the family as a gathering place at feasts and other times. The house stands today with the original furniture from the beginning of the 20th century. This setting offers a unique insight into manor life as it once was.